Sunday, April 1, 2012

New Arrival!



Good Day Everyone!!!
Today the Magnolia-licious DT has a new 'Baby' challenge going on over at the Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog! How much fun! Now, I don't normally create projects for new babies and expectant mothers because I don't often know any. But, thanks to my teamie and friend Ruby (who decided on the theme this time), I have a reason to use one of the cutest stamps in the Princes and Princesses collection. Thanks Ruby for coming up with such an adorable theme!!!

As always, you too can join us in the fun over at the Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog with your own creation. We'd love to see you show off your talents and go for the win. There is always a fantastic prize to win and lots of fun trying :-)

So, in the interest of time I'll move onto my card. I do hope you like it. It was an absolute pleasure to make...especially since it had been a week since I had seen the inside of my studio! Yikes!

New Arrival!

This little sweetie pie is none other than #115 'Baby Edwin'! He's currently available at Magnolia-licious and is offered up at a 10% discount! How cool is that??? I colored him up with Copic markers in shades of blue and yellow to match the gorgeous papers by Theresa Collins. I purchased the 6x6 paper pad to use it in more of a nautical theme, but I grabbed them up very quickly to use with this project because the colors are so beautiful. I didn't want to use the typical 'baby' papers. I wanted this card to have more of a sophisticated feel about it and I thought I could do that with these papers. You tell me whether or not I've achieved that!
The image and matte were cut using SB dies. The sentiment is by Hero Arts and it and it's matte were cut using SU punches. I really thought the sentiment was going to be too big for the punch but to my surprise it was the perfect size! I love it when ideas come together!!!

The ribbons are both from RRR and the flowers are all from WOC. I pulled the buttons from my button drawer and threaded them with some string by American Crafts. You can see a little glimse of the inside of the card and it's decorated in a similar manner with coordinating papers.

That's it for me today! I'm in the middle of two more projects that are on my desk right now. Hopefully I'll find the time to finish them next week. It's really iffy with my son off school on Spring Break all week.

Take care everyone and have a wonderful day! I would love it if you would leave me a little comment to let me know what you think of my project. It's always so wonderful to hear from you and to see who has stopped in for a visit :-)

Hugs to you!

Angie

5 comments:

  1. I love the papers, gorgeous colours, and very cute image, fabulous colouring...

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wauwwwwww wat een prachtige kaart,mooie kleuren heb je gebruikt. Super.!! Fijne dag en groetjes van Marga.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angie!
    Your card is adorable.
    Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! Sweet image,
    love the flowers and your coloring!

    Stine :)

    ReplyDelete