Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Koala Hugs...



Hi Everyone! I feel like it's been forever since I've been here! Crafting time has been really limited lately and it's going to get even worse...but for a very good reason...and I'm excited about it! Hubby and I started designing a house over a year ago. We've been back and forth with it making changes and then more changes. Well, we finally approved the final floor plan this week. Now the architect will spend the next 30 days working on the construction drawings. What does this mean for me??? Well, {deep breath}...I now need to spend most of the next 30 days running two businesses, getting the 2011 financials ready for the accountant for both businesses, getting everything up to date for the 2012 first quarter, and gathering all of our personal financials so that I can present it all to the bank for the construction loan. So....I may not be here very much in the coming weeks. I'm going to do my best to get the necessary projects completed, but I won't have time for anything in between :-( But it will all be worth it in the end! The plan is to break ground on the new house before June. We're hoping to move in before May 2013. We'll be a lot closer to our son's school so I will no longer have the one hour drive to school in the morning. But, this also means that we need to put our current house up for sale and that's a whole task in and of itself! What do I do with the dog when the house is being shown? I guess I'll have to take her on lots of rides in the car!

On another note, I finally had the opportunity to complete a card with the image that I painted with Koala Hug Tilda. I had the pleasure of meeting Bronlyn at CHA and she gave me this little cutie to work with. I hope she likes what I've done with her!


Koala Hugs

I absolutely love this image of Koala Hug Tilda! If you don't have your own yet, be sure to get her at Magnolia-licious so you can get FREE SHIPPING! I have backed her with Magnolia's Tip Leaves and Sun. I use these Tip Leaves a lot because they're so incredibly versatile. I stamped them a couple of times to give Tilda a really lush background of the leaves. I hand drew the grass myself with DI's and Copics. The images were colored with a combo of both. Oh yeah...I cut the card shapes with a new die set from Go Kreate. My hubby got me a few new sets for my birthday...I just told him that yesterday when they arrived. LOL!!!


I turned to my BG 'Capella' paper pad for dp's this time. The have such a soft romatic feel about them. The big green flower is handmade and the rest are from WOC and Webster's Pages. The gorgeous pink ribbon was given to me by the sweet Suzan L at CHA. I'm gonna have to ask her where she got it cause I just love it!!! The bright yellow sun got a coat of yellow Stickles for some sparkle. The doily is from my stash.


The inside of the card is very simple. I used a coordinating dp from the paper pad. The sentiment is from my stash.

Well that is it for me today! I really enjoyed showing you my project and I truly hope you enjoyed visiting. Feel free to leave me a little comment to let me know that you stopped by!

Hugs to you all :-)

Angie



3 comments:

  1. Do you know I have this gorgeous stamp sitting in my box and she still hasn't seen a drop of ink!! Your creation is fantastic as always.
    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally gorgeous!! And good luck with your new house :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you make lovely cards....really. LOVE THEM
    Greets from Martine from the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete