Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tilda with Hanging Heart...

Happy Wednesday Everyone!!! My Oh My it's getting cold here in Michigan. We're expecting to see the first snow fall here today. Temps are expected to be in the 30's the rest of the week. I'd better get my boots out!  Is it really December already??? OMGoodness!

I have a little frame project to share with you today.  I hope you like it!
 
Tilda with Hanging Heart
I chose to make a frame that you could put a family photo into. This was definitely challenging for me because of the lack of space for images and embellishments. I purchased an unfinished and inexpensive frame at a local craft store. I also found the unfinished word 'Peace' there. I remembered that I had a jar of Aleene's decoupage glue and decided that is how I would cover the frame. First, I painted the word and the edges of the frame with Adirondack Dabber in cranberry. When dry, I sprayed it with Glimmer Mist in 'pearl'. Next, I chose dp's from BG's 'Eskimo Kisses' collection. I tore the paper into little pieces and decoupaged it to the frame. I added the American Crafts ribbon in a gift wrap fashion on the corners. The metal snowflake is an ornament from the local craft store and I added LYB gems to it. The little white snowflakes are by Little Yellow Bicycle and I added the same gems to the centers.



This little cutie pie is Tilda with Hanging Heart.  She's part of Magnolia's Merry Christmas 2010 collection. I colored her with Copic markers and added stardust Stickles for a little shine. She's adhered to the frame with dimensionals.

Copics: E000, 00, 02, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 50, R00, 20, 81, 85, RV00, N1

I hope you enjoyed my project for today. Don't forget to join in on the fun with your own Christmas word frame! I can't wait to see it!!!

Ciao,

Angie

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angie, gorgeous frame! Lovely idea.

    I left an waward for you on my blog, if you like you can pick it up at http://mirandascardcreations.blogspot.com/

    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow very nice cards do you have made grandioos!!!!!...hug marion

    ReplyDelete