Monday, December 13, 2010

Tilda on Ornament...

Hi Everyone! I know, I've been mia for a bit, but I've been working on tons of stuff. Nearly all of my minis have arrived and I've got so many things in the works with them. I've also been trying to ink up all of my regular sized Christmas Magnolia images. I've been making a lot of gifts for people so I can't show them to you until they've received them (just in case they happen upon my blog).

I've also been working on the new house project. It's not easy to get a construction loan in this economy, so I have tons of financial information that I have to either locate or prepare for the bank. We've also got to get the house designed and approved by the township before the bank will approve the construction loan. So, that means meeting with the architect right away...like Wednesday, to get things rolling. Business seems to be picking up per usual at the end of the year so I've got a lot going on there as well. I'm not complaining. It's all good. I would just like a few more hours in each day so I could find a few minutes to come up for air. Every month I feel like I'm looking forward to the next month 'when things should slow down a bit'. Then, the next month comes along with a whole new mess of unexpected things. Oh well, I guess I'd rather be busy than bored!!!

Well, enough of that. I've got a sweet little Christmas card and gift card holder to show you today. I was going to save this for my turn with Magnolia's Advent Calendar Blog Hop, which happens to be on Christmas Day. Can you believe I got lucky enough to nab THE BIG DAY!!! Anyway, I just couldn't wait, so I'm making something else for it. I made this project a couple weeks ago and I'm really happy with it. I hope you like it :-) I'm sorry, but, I've got a lot of photos this time!

Tilda on Ornament & Snowy Hug
I am so in love with this Merry Christmas collection! I don't think I will ever tire of working with them. They are just so cheerful! And, Christmas colors are my absolute favorite to work with. Anyway, as I mentioned, I just love how this card and holder turned out. The colors are just so warm.

This little angel is Tilda on Ornament. I wish I had gotten her in the mini too so that I could have used it on the gift card holder. She's so cute that I may just have to order her!

These gorgeous dp's, tag, and red ribbon doily are from non other than BG's Jovial collection. They are my absolute favorite holiday dp's this year. I have two pads just so I won't run out! Cs is Bazzill. The snowflakes are from LYB and I covered them with a ton of diamond Stickles. The ribbon is bty from my stash. I got the sweet little brads from Creative Imaginations. The ornament topper got a coating from a Zig Painty Gold Metallic Pen and the ornament itself is covered with stardust Stickles. I also added a bit to the pleats in Tilda's shirt just to give her a little sparkle.

Here's a closeup. Tilda is colored with a combo of Copic markers and watercolors with Ranger di's. The details will be at the bottom of the post.

I am absolutely loving these little gift card holders this year. I was in Archiver's a few weeks back and they had some thin, plain brown chipboard card holder's at the counter for $0.59 each and I thought that was ridiculous. So, I bought one and split it apart so I could use it as a template. I traced it onto my dp, cut it out, and scored the half circles with a bone folder and the edge of a brand new roll of scor-tape. Who knew you could use scor-tape for scoring!!! The dp's and embellies are coordinated with the card.

Here's a side view just so you can see the shape a little better. Before I forget, this image is my favorite this year. It's the Mini Snowy Hug. I used the mini on this card holder because it's the perfect size, but I also love the large image. I've used them both a lot. I'm having so much fun with the mini Magnolia's. Now that I have a bunch, I don't know how I got along without them! They really are a ton of fun to work with. I must admit though, that I was a little worried about cutting them out when masking, but I use an exacto knife and it super easy. I'm working on a project today where I did just that! SUPER EASY!

Copics: E000, 02, 17, 41, 42, 43, 44, RV20, YR23, N1, 3, C1, 3, 5, BOO

DI's: vintage photo, fired brick, black soot, walnut stain, forest moss, antique linen, weathered wood, tumbled glass

Well, that's all I have for today. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will leave a little comment letting me know you were here.

Ciao,

Angie

3 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! I absolutely love this, and these design papers are gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you come up with for Christmas day - congratulations on getting the top spot! hugs. Katy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG they are gorgeous Angie, I'm glad you already shared them with us (now we have some more nice things to come with Christmas) allthough all your cards are very nice and gorgeous

    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable. I love the old-fashioned-colours. (is that a word?) Now it´s even more exciting to wait for Christmas;o)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete