Thursday, May 3, 2012

Love is in the air....


Magnolia-licious DT Challenge

Welcome to May everyone! I hope this month proves to be super sunny and warm for you all. We're heading into warmer weather as summer approaches here in Michigan. My gosh I cannot wait til the extreme heat gets here! In preparation for summer, the Magnolia-licious DT has a 'Color Me Summertime' challenge going on and we're using the colors of summer: yellow, orange and blue. I had made my card for something else, but it works perfectly with this challenge so I decided to use it.

You can enter the challenge too! Get all of the details at the Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog. You can see all of the DT's inspirations there and there is a fantastic prize to win too!

Here's my card....I hope you like it!


Love is in the air....

I couldn't wait to use more of my new Magnolia's from the 'Summer Memories' club kit! This is such a fabulous release! I decided to color up 'Honeybee Tilda' sitting on the 'Meadow Daisy'. Both are on preorder at Magnolia-licious with some fantastic discounts, along with the rest of the release. I colored the images with a combo of Copic markers and watercolor with DI's. I used a new paper that I really like a lot. I had no idea if I'd be able to use the Copic's on it, but it worked rather well.


The card shape and background dp were cut with a Go Kreate die. The tag was cut with a Magnolia DooHickey die called 'Tilda Tag', but I don't see it in the Magnolia-licious store right now. It's one of my favorite DooHickey dies because I love the lacy piece that folds over the tag. Anyway, I'm sure if you inquire about it at Magnolia-licious they'll be able to get it for you. Their customer service is fantastic and it's the only place that I shop for my Maggies!

I don't have the name of manufacturer of the dp's - sorry! I added the squiggles around the images by hand for a whimsical touch. The twine, cheesecloth, sentiment and metal flower are all from my stash. I think that little piece of lace trim is from RRR.

That's it for me today! I hope you found some inspiration in my card :-) It was so much fun getting back to painting. It's been quite a while since I used my DI's as I've really been enjoying my Copics.

Have a wonderful day and try to find some creative time!

Hugs to you all my friends,

Angie





2 comments: