Please Don't Eat the Daisies!
This little cutie is 'Tilda with Daisy'. She's my favorite image from Magnolia's 'Sweet Crazy Love' collection. I don't see the full sized image in the store right now, but the Mini is available right HERE. If you want the full sized image, just send an email off to Diana at the store and I'm sure she'll be able to get it for you quickly. I've paired Tilda with the 'Open Gate', which is also available right now as a mini. Again, if you want the full sized image, just send Diana an email inquiry.
The dp's are a mix from a couple different paper pads. I started with a Webster's Pages pad and then pulled a couple patterns from a Simple Stories 'Baby Steps' paper pad. CS is Stampin' Up and Bazzil. The image and matte were cut using SB dies. The white lace is from RRR and the gorgeous (my fave) pink/brown ribbon is from an old MS roll that has been discontinued. I use it sparingly so I don't run out.
I found the little self-adhesive lace butterfly from MS in a package of 4-5 and I just love them! I added some cheesecloth to soften the effect of the dp's. The paper flowers are from Magnolia, WOC and Prima. The metal embellie is from a clearance bin at a local craft store. I bought a bunch of them. That pearl pin is from the wedding section at the same craft store. It's much cheaper to buy a box of pearl pins if you shop the wedding isle.
I made the pink/white yarn flower. I'm really enjoying making my own flowers these days! In addition to yarn, I bought a bunch of fabric remnants from a local store and I can't wait to dig in and see what I can make with them! I've been purchasing all kinds of fun things to alter and I may have to dig in to my sewing machine really soon. It's been a loooooooong time since I've sewed anything other than a straight stitch around a piece of paper! And I rarely do that any more!
How about the coloring of the images? Oh what a fiasco that was! Yikes! I stamped the images on what I thought was a sheet of Bee Paper so that I could work with both Copics and DI's. However, when I got to the part with the watercolors, the paper nearly disintegrated in front of me!!! I was working on her dress!!! I tried not to panic and quickly stopped adding water. I really hate throwing work away so I let it dry completely so I could try to save it. I moved onto other areas and continued working with Copics, all the while wondering if I was just wasting more time and work. Once the paper was thoroughly dry, I worked extremely gently with my Copics to see if I could color Tilda's dress without putting a hole in it. I swear the sweat was just beading on my forhead! Thankfully, it was a success and I'm pleased with the result. I threw out the rest of that awful sheet of paper since I have no idea what it is or where it came from.
Well, that is it for me today! Thank you so much for joining me! I hope you have the best day ever :-)